Sunday, November 6, 2011

In case you were wondering...

This is how I get work done: 

Well, during the weekdays, I just don't.  I am home alone with E and she's not very generous about sharing me with my schoolwork.  But in the evenings and on weekends, I get a lot done!  Evelyn has a wonderful daddy who takes awesome care of her.  When she is crying, he carries her around, sings to her, changes her diaper, and reads to her.  Most of the time, she's pretty happy when she is with him.  I think she loves him because of his glasses, on top of the fact that he's just a pretty cool guy.  
Evelyn is learning to play the baritone ukulele
When he can't get her to stop crying, it's usually because she's hungry.  So, I practice the art of nursing and typing one handed.  We're getting pretty good at it.  

When I really can't think straight, I head up to Cafe Nura, a cafe right next to our apartment complex.  I do work there, or sometimes just drink a cup of coffee and talk things out with Maic. 


What do I work on?  Right now, I'm working on this: 
My Ordination Paper-- This is hard stuff.  Really makes my head hurt. 


and this: 
My Master's Thesis on Language of the Body and Feminist Theology
in the Book of Judith (Haven't heard of it?  Then you must not be Catholic.
 It's an Apocryphal Book.) 
In fact, I just wrote my abstract yesterday!!  Wanna read it?  Yeah, probably not.  But if you do, let me know.  I'll send it-- it's only 100 words.  

and this:
A sweater I started before she was born
and finished (except for buttons) yesterday.  Still a bit big. 

And a hat with the leftovers. 

I knit for sanity purposes.  I have a lot of people ask me, "How do you have time to knit?"  Well, truthfully, I don't have time to not knit.  The rate of sweaters completed per week is congruent with the rate of articles read and pages written per week.  When I knit, I think (or don't think, sometimes) and when I go back to work I am entirely refreshed and inspired.  And as a bonus, Evelyn has a super warm wardrobe.  

Well, E is half asleep and Maic is writing.  I'm going to go back to work on my ordination paper and try to fit my theology of Jesus, including Incarnation, Atonement, and Resurrection in roughly 350 words.  

1 comment:

We don't all have to agree! But we do all have to be respectful! Please, no disrespect here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...