Thursday, February 23, 2012

What's Goin' On, and Some Lenten Resolutions

Hi folks!  Sorry it's been a while.  My number one Lenten resolution, to reduce my internet time, has greatly effected my blogging time.  Additionally, Evelyn is turning out to be a routine lover.  How on earth did a routine lover come out of me?  

She wakes up approximately 5 minutes before the alarm goes off at 7:30.  She requires two naps a day, at 10:30 and 2.  She goes to bed at 8:00.  If this doesn't happen Fussy Francine, as my sister-in-law used to call Little Zoey in her fussy moments, comes to live with us.  I'll tell you what, keeping Evelyn's routine and my complete lack of routine in sync is quite a struggle.  I never used to have to turn down appointments or playdates, and now I do.  It's also kind of nice.  At 8:00, Maic and I get to have our own time.  Lately, we've been spending most of our free time watching Veronica Mars and eating cheese and crackers.  Oh shoot, we're my parents! 

For example, I need to think twice about signing my babe up for a fashion show
that starts at 11:00 when naptime is at 10:30. 
If we get all the naptimes straight, she's the happiest baby on the block! 

I made it over some big hills the past couple weeks as well.  I finished my ordination paper and my thesis proposal finally got accepted.  I'm feeling great about both.  Two weeks from today, I have my ordination interview back in Ohio, after which I should be able to start searching for a call, providing that my profile is put together by that time.  My thesis is living like a fiery flame of passion in my mind right now.  I discovered an artist, Artemisia Gentilesche, who painted some interesting renditions of Judith, but most importantly painted Biblical heroines from a female point of view, something that we don't see much of.  Her commentators speak to a lot of my observations about Judith and art, so it is helping me to find the right sources to integrate into my thesis. 


One of Artimisia Gentilesche's Judith paintings.
"Shoot girl, why are you writing about this horrible woman
and why are you posting such violent images on your blog?"

 I know, I know, just wait.  It will all make sense in the end.  

The journey to May 19th, my graduation day, still seems quite uphill.  But I'm having a great time, making sure not to miss the awesome things that come with being a Mama in St. Louis.  

We're super excited for our friends, Emma and Rob, who are having a baby in March!
Stacy, our friend Jacq, and I threw a baby shower for them last weekend. 

Had a great playdate this week with our good friend Collin,
who's four days younger than Evelyn...

And Ellie, who's eight days younger than Evelyn! 

Oh, by the way, wanna know my Lenten resolutions?  
1.  I am spending less time on the internet.  You know, I really am addicted.  I hate it.  I don't know what "less" will look like at this point, but it's a process.  Definitely not going on as long as Evelyn is awake.  
2.  We are not going out to eat during Lent, with the probable exception of when we are home in Ohio.  
3. Reading the UCC daily devotionals and these really great expansive language prayers at www.wordsmatter.org each day. 


I'll leave you with a photo of Evelyn in her favorite hat.
It's softer than the stupid ones her mama knits for her. 

Thanks for reading, everybody.  Sharing this journey is so much fun for me.  I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!  If you have a moment, I'd love it if you would "follow" my blog by clicking "follow" in the upper left hand corner.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

We don't all have to agree! But we do all have to be respectful! Please, no disrespect here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...