So I'm stuck here at this cluttered table, with Christmas pulling on one arm and finals pulling on the other. Oh, and Evelyn, pulling on my hair. She does that now.
1. UCC Book of Worship and Methodist Liturgy book, for working on my Liturgy final-- a full worship order for a wedding, a funeral, and a Sunday morning service.
2. A stack of Christmas cards and photos, which I will never send out again. What a PAIN!!! Okay, next Christmas I might change my mind, but for now I'm motivated by the idea that this will never happen again.
3. A cup of tea. Earl Grey in a giraffe mug.
4. A wobbly jingly toy. We call him "Sassy Clown" because he has the word Sassy on his butt. Realized later that it's a brand name.
5. The laptop hanging out at-- what?-- Facebook. Of course. So addicting. It doesn't help that my August 2011 birth group moved to Facebook a couple months ago. Now I am constantly on there seeking advice, venting, and sharing photos. I seriously don't know what I would do without their support. However, I'd probably have A LOT more of my finals done and my ordination paper would be more or less finished. And my dishes would be clean.
6. Some yarn and my miscellaneous craft box. I already mentioned that I've given up on handmade Christmas in its entirety, but there are still a few handmade things in the mix. Two more to finish up.
7. The rest of the stuff is always there.
Evelyn is sleeping now. She is getting so big. She laughs now and really loves to hear herself talk. The days of letting her lie on her playmat while I work are over, however. She is easily bored and wants to be read to, talked to, or carried around. I try to read my articles for school or the papers I'm writing aloud to her as a compromise, but the second I turn to the computer, she squeals. Smart girl.
Well, something's a bit off about blogging while complaining about my finals not being finished. I'm going to go take advantage of the rest of this nap.